LCYO will be fielding Shetland (ages 5-6) through Pony (ages 13-14) divisions for Spring 2022. Division ages are based on the player's age as of 8/31/2022 (for example, a player born on 8/28/2010 will be considered league age 12 for our Spring season). Teams will have two days a week of baseball. One day during the week (Monday-Thursday) and the other day is on Saturday. Times and locations will depend on your team's division and schedule which will not be made until after the teams are formed. We do not know your player's date and time of practice/games until the schedule is finalized and you will be notified as soon as things are scheduled. For the first few weeks, you will have practices and then once games start, practices will end.
· Mandatory Player Evaluations will be held on Saturday, January 15th for Pinto, Mustang, and Bronco divisions.
· Practices will start Saturday, February 5th and Games will start the week of Monday, February 28th
· Opening Day will be on Saturday, February 26th
· If you are interested in volunteering to manage or assist coach this season, please register at the same time as you register your player(s). It helps our league so much to have plenty of volunteer coaches.
· If you are curious about our play up and play down policy, please click one or the other to view our policies. It is required to volunteer to coach if you are requesting a play up or play down.
There will be a Mandatory Player Evaluation on January 15th. After the evaluations, there will be a draft among the managers that volunteer to create the balanced teams for the spring season. Friend requests are not guaranteed. If you have a friend request, you can request ONE friend and if it does not affect the balance of the team, it may be considered but again, not guaranteed. The only way to guarantee a friend on your team is to volunteer to manage a team and have the player's parent assist you or vice versa.
What is the appropriate division for my player in the Spring?
Divisions for Spring 2021 are based on the player's year of birth as shown below which translates into the Division they will play in during the Spring Season.
Players need to provide:
Sliding shorts (not required but recommended)